Sunday, December 30, 2012

Guest Blog Post: Zachary on American Football

(A couple of months ago, I wrote about my Australian nephew Zachary and his passion for American football. Today, I share with you a short essay he has written about how he discovered American football, the NFL, and the Philadelphia Eagles. I hope you enjoy!  ~~ Clare ~~ )

Hi, My name is Zac.

Anyway, I love American football even though I live in Australia. all my life. I got into football when my friend Harry told me about it about 1 1/2 years ago. He accidentally clicked on the Philadelphia Eagles homepage and I have been hooked since (because Harry supports the Vikings). I love watching the documentary "America’s Game” about the Super Bowl champions. Also I play football at lunch time with my friends. I like playing safety/ cornerback and qb, because I’m the only one who can throw (apart from my friend Danesh, who can throw huge passes). I’m not old enough to play football yet, you have to be 14 or 15, I’m only 13 >:(  I like football because it’s the ultimate team sport and is a lot of fun to play. But it’s my 2nd favorite sport behind cricket (I’ve been playing since I was 4, go figure).


Here is Zachary's "doodling" of the logos for all the
NFL teams (he drew these free-handed)

My favourite team is the Philadelphia Eagles and my favorite player is LeSean ‘Shady’ Mccoy. It’s too bad that he’s injured. The Eagles haven’t been doing too well lately but once we get all our injured players back and get new coaches and better secondary (safeties and CBs) and with Nick Foles doing nicely we will make the playoffs next year. Hopefully.
Here is Zachary with a cool Philadelphia Eagles
logo that he made out of wood!

I have made some cool NFL and Eagles things over this year like: a poster, my own helmet made out of cardboard and a wooden Philadelphia Eagle logo! And during the school holidays (right now), I am drawing the logos of all the NFL teams. I am drawing them free-handed - and when I finished, my mum is going to frame them all and hang them in our house.

This is one of many of the large NFL logos that
Zachary is drawing this summer.
It's worth noting that he is not a Green Bay Packers fan!!


Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent essay, Zac, and the logos are awesome! As a life-long Packers fan, I especially like that one.
    Andy Reid, who has been the Eagles coach for several years, used to be one of the assistant coaches for the Green Bay Packers.
    I wonder who the Eagles' new coach will be?

    ReplyDelete